AC-DC - BackTracks (2009)
EAC Rip | FLAC, IMG+CUE+LOG | 980 MB | MP3 CBR 320 Kbps | 320 MB | Complete HQ Scans | PNG -> 330 MB
DVD -> NTSC, 720x480 (4:3), 29.97fps 5830Kbps | English (PCM 48kHz, stereo 1536Kbps) | 4.6Gb | 88 min.
Label: Sony Music/Columbia | Catalog Number: 88697540992 | RAR 3% Rec
... Box-Set, standard edition, 2CDs + 1DVD + 36 page booklet ...
As handsome as this package is -- or in the case of the super limited edition, housed in a working guitar amp, as ridiculous -- Backtracks is essentially just a clearinghouse for AC/DC rarities, rounding up all the released tracks and videos that have yet to appear on a collection, throwing in a full-length DVD of 2003 for good measure. In other words, it's a set designed for the kind of diehard who would purchase a box set housed in a working amplifier, but its pleasures aren't limited to the dedicated, particularly when it comes to early AC/DC. Prior to 1979's Highway to Hell, all the band's LPs differed in their Australian and international incarnations (one, 1975's TNT, was just cannibalized for other albums), so there are quite a few stray tracks -- a full 12, ranging from the priceless boogie "R.I.P. (Rock in Peace)" to the throwaway instrumental "Fling Thing," plus alternate takes of "High Voltage," "It's a Long Way to the Top," "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," and "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire)" (only available on the deluxe, giving another good reason to opt for the big set). The studio disc is rounded out by some OK latter-day tracks, highlighted by "Big Gun" from the Last Action Hero soundtrack and the nifty little rocker "Cyberspace," and it's quite nice to have all these cuts rounded up. If the live tracks aren't quite as noteworthy, it's largely because there have already been several live releases -- proper albums, box sets, and home videos alike -- but the quality of the two CDs is quite high, opening with a clutch of Bon Scott cuts before settling into a stretch from a dynamite set from Detroit's Joe Louis Arena in 1983, then finding the group trotting around the globe on the third disc. This is supplemented by a DVD dubbed Family Jewels 3, a disc that rounds up all the videos not on the original double-disc collection, including a pair of clips from 2008's Black Ice ("Rock N Roll Train," "Anything Goes"), and alternate takes of seven videos featured on the original compilation. Finally, Backtracks ends with that 2003 show, finding AC/DC in a relatively small venue in Munich, tearing through a concert that relies heavily on early classics. It's a set list that could pretty much be called a hardcore fan's dream, which makes it a fitting close to this box, because if this is anything, it's one for the fans, the ones who have stuck with the band though 35 years of unrelenting rock & roll.
~ by Stephen Thomas Erlewine, allmusic.com
CD1 - Studio Rarities:
1. Stick Around (Released on Australian-only LP 'High Voltage') - 4:40
2. Love Song (Released on Australian-only LP 'High Voltage') - 5:15
3. Fling Thing (Released on Australian 7" single 'Jailbreak') - 2:00
4. R.I.P. (Rock In Peace) (Released on Australian-only LP 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap') - 3:36
5. Carry Me Home (Released on Australian 7" single 'Dog Eat Dog') - 3:57
6. Crabsody In Blue (Released on Australian LP 'Let There Be Rock') - 4:44
7. Cold Hearted Man (First released on Australian 7" single 'Rock 'N' Roll Damnation') - 3:36
8. Snake Eye (Released on Australian 12" single 'Heatseeker') - 3:17
9. Borrowed Time (First released on Australian 12" single 'That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll') - 3:46
10. Down On The Borderline (Released on Australian 'Moneytalks 7", 12" and CD single) - 4:15
11. Big Gun (First released on World-Wide CD soundtrack 'Last Action Hero') - 4:20
12. Cyberspace (First released on Australian CD single 'Safe In New York City') - 2:56
CD1: EAC extraction logfile
CD2 - Live Rarities:
1. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (live) (Sydney Festival, 30 Jan. 1977) - 5:11
2. Dog Eat Dog (live) (Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, 30 Apr. 1978) - 4:30
3. Live Wire (live) (Hammersmith Odeon, London, 2 Nov. 1979) - 5:06
4. Shot Down In Flames (live) (Hammersmith Odeon, London, 2 Nov. 1979) - 3:29
5. Back In Black (live) (Capital Center, Landover MD, 21 Dec. 1981) - 4:20
6. T.N.T. (live) (Capital Center, Landover MD, 20 Dec. 1981) - 3:53
7. Let There Be Rock (live) (Capital Center, Landover MD, 21 Dec. 1981) - 7:31
8. Guns For Hire (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983) - 5:23
9. Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983) - 4:12
10. This House Is On Fire (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983) - 3:23
11. You Shook Me All Night Long (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983) - 3:27
12. Jailbreak (live) (Dallas TX, 12 Oct. 1985) - 13:22
13. Highway To Hell (live) (Tushino Airfield, Moscow, 28 Sept. 1991) - 4:00
14. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) (live) (Tushino Airfield, Moscow, 28 Sept. 1991) - 6:55
15. Safe In New York City (live) (Phoenix AZ, 13 Sept. 2000) - 3:55
Track 1 released on Australia-only promo compilation 'Long Live The Evolution'
Track 2 first released on Australian 7" single 'Whole Lotta Rosie'
Track 3 first released on UK 7" single 'Touch Too Much'
Track 4 first released on UK 7" single 'Touch Too Much'
Track 5 first released on UK 12" single 'Let’s Get It Up'
Track 6 first released on UK 12" single 'Let’s Get It Up'
Track 7 first released on UK 12" single 'For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)'
Track 8 first released on UK 7" and 12" maxi single 'Who Made Who'
Track 9 first released on UK 12" single 'Nervous Shakedown'
Track 10 first released on UK 12" single 'Nervous Shakedown'
Track 11 first released on UK 12" single 'You Shook Me All Night Long'
Track 12 released on UK and European 12" single 'Shake Your Foundations'
Track 13 released on French mini CD '5 Titres Inedits En Concert'
Track 14 first released on European CD single 'Big Gun'
Track 15 first released on US Promo CD single 'Safe In New York City'
CD2: EAC extraction logfile
DVD - 'Family Jewels Disc Three'
Hard As A Rock
Cover You In Oil
Stiff Upper Lip
Safe In New York City
Rock N Roll Train
It’s A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘N’ Roll)
Highway To Hell
You Shook Me All Night Long
Guns For Hire
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (live)
Highway To Hell (live)
The Making Of Hard As A Rock
The Making Of Rock N Roll Train
Box Set concept and production - John Jackson
Management - Alvin Handwerker for Prager and Fenton
Audio Productions - Sam Horsburg and Al Quagliery
Mastering - Cris Athens at Sterling Sound (NY)
DVD produced by John Jackson
Video restoration by David Mallet and Rocky Oldham
Post production producer - Deana Concilio
DVD authoring - Blink Digital
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/advNRRYnN2Wt/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part01.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/3Tspr2GK7fB7/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part02.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/EgPPspevdWNP/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part03.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/VEjUxM7n5qVB/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part04.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/ymhmkyNQzdcS/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part05.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/S8YPd5k3qJ6u/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part06.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/kZrFFRrVJGaB/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part07.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/Nzz8JFcuWj47/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part08.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/r2wDvFdADTWM/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part09.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/6DghzJxCcMn6/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part10.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/3Gz4CQUgcAKS/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part11.rar
http://www.uploadable.ch/file/BZCGxEKVAupy/AC-DC-2009-Backtracks (88697540992, 2CD + DVD).part12.rar