Release Info: Hot Tuna - Phosphorescent Rat (US 1973)
Size: 80.0 MB
Ripped by: ChrisGoesRock
Source: Japan 24-Bit Remaster
Hot Tuna's first album made after the breakup of Jefferson Airplane found Jorma Kaukonen taking a firm hand: he's the author of nine out of ten songs.
The walking tempos and familiar soaring, psychedelic guitar solos are in place, but much of the music is given over to Kaukonen's reflective lyrics, sung in his matter-of-fact voice, and there are strings on a couple of tracks.
The group's fans, devoted as they were to its extended versions of blues standards, seem to have been unimpressed: the album was Hot Tuna's lowest-charting among those released during their 1970-1978 heyday. Probably a lack of enthusiasm at RCA, due to the demise of Jefferson Airplane, didn't help in the album's promotion, either.
01. I See the Light Kaukonen 4:16
02. Letter to the North Star Kaukonen 2:32
03. Easy Now Kaukonen 5:11
04. Corners Without Exits Kaukonen 3:38
05. Day to Day Out the Window Blues Kaukonen 3:28
06. In the Kingdom Kaukonen 5:27
07. Seeweed Strut Kaukonen 3:26
08. Living Just for You Kaukonen 3:20
09. Soliloquy for 2 Kaukonen 3:43
10. Sally, Where'd You Get Your Liquor From? Davis 2:58