Release Info: Oscar Peterson - Plays Jimmy McHugh (1955)
Like Cole's early trio, the Oscar Peterson Trio that first became popular featured piano, bass (Ray Brown), and guitar, most notably Herb Ellis. Cascades of many notes characterized Peterson's playing. His earlier work, if often glib, was nevertheless invariably swinging.
Recorded in Los Angeles, CA, November 16, 1954
Oscar Peterson: Piano
Herb Hellis: Guitar
Ray Brown: Bass
CLEF RECORDS. 1955...
01. When My Sugar Walks Down the Street
02. I Can't Believe That You're in Love with Me
03. On the Sunny Side of the Street
04. Don't Blame Me
05. I'm in the Mood for Love
06. I Can't Give You Anything But Love
07. I Couldn't Sleep a Wink Last Night
08. Diga Diga Doo
09. You're a Sweetheart