Complete your record collection. Discover artist full discography
Release Info: FOOD AND BRAZILIAN MUSIC
It's true, food and music go hand in hand. Jazz and samba were born so near the kitchen.
Our Feijoada, a stew of turtle black beans with a variety of salted pork and beef products such as salted pork trimmings (ears, tail, feet), bacon, smoked pork ribs, at least two types of smoked sausage and jerked beef (loin and tongue), our most famous typical dish have inspired many songs.
Here is a compilation I made on some songs about food found in brazilian music.
1. Feijoada Completa - Chico Buarque ( a song about a husband taking some starving friends home for a feijoada)
2 . VatapГЎ - Gal Costa ( A song by Dorival Caymmi about a bahianese dish made with black-eyed peas, bread, shrimp, coconut milk, finely ground peanuts and palm oil mashed into a creamy paste ).
3. Banana - Joyce ( she sings not only the banana but almost all brazilian fruits ).
4. No Tabuleiro da Baiana - Carmen Miranda ( all there is on the Baiana's tray, the woman who sells food at the streets )
5. Peba na pimenta - JoГЈo do Vale ( 5 armadilos stew with hot peppers )
6. Cravo e Canela - Milton Nascimento ( A song on spices, Cinnamon and Cloves )
7. No Pagode do VavГЎ - Paulinho da Viola ( Pagode originally means a celebration with lots of food, music, dance and party. Here he tastes the famous black beans made by Vicentina and a drink caled Sweet Illusions. )
8. Peixeiro Grafino - Dona Ivone Lara ( all about different types of fish. )
9. CamarГЈo com Xuxu - Jovelina PГ©rola Negra ( Shrimp with chayote )
10. Rancho da Goiabada - JoГЈo Bosco ( itinerant farm labourers dreaming with a meal of a steak, eggs, fried potatoes and as desert guavas sweet )
11. Arroz de CuxГЎ - ( typical from MaranhГЈo, CuxГЎ is made with the leaves of the "vinagreira" bush (of the hibiscus family), manioc flour, sesame seeds and dried shrimp served with white rice and shrimp pie (which is really a shrimp frittata, flavored with fresh cilantro).
12. Pamonha - ( It is a paste made from corn and milk, boiled wrapped in corn husks.Variations may include coconut milk. Pamonhas can be salty or sweet, the latter being the norm in northeastern Brazil. They can be filled with cheese, sausage, peppers or be natural ).
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, Album, albums, and, Band, best, Blues, Chill, Chillout, Club, Collection, Dance, Disco, Discography, Edition, Flac, from, HDTV, Hits, House, In, Jazz, Live, lossless, Lounge, Love, Music, Of, Original, Rock, Soul, The, VA, Various, Vinyl, Vol