Release Info: Tommy Flanagan - Confirmation
A meeting of masters, a true highlight of modern jazz piano. 20 years ago BILLBOARD commented: "The fleet pianist's latest release fon ENJA here is a coupling of '77 and '78 sessions again teaming him with bassist George Mraz and Elvin Jones. The Highlights may include jazz and pop standards like the Charlie Parker title tune and How High The Moon but the playing is anything but standard and the production lucid and straightforward."
For many years Tommy Flanagan has won either first or second place in the international Critics Poll of Down Beat, gained GRAMMY Nominations and has been an isnpiration for legends of modern jazz pianists.
- Liner notes from the 25th Anniversary Series
Artist: Tommy Flanagan
Total time: 36:04
Tommy Flanagan (Piano)
George Mraz (Double Bass)
Elvin Jones (Drums)
1. Maybe September (Ray Evans/Percy Faith/Jay Livingston) 4:57
2. Confirmation (Charlie Parker) 6:53
3. How High The Moon (Nancy Hamilton/Morgan Lewis) 6:07
4. It Never Entered My Mind (Lorentz Hart/Richard Rodgers) 7:10
5. Cup Bearers (Tom McIntosh) 4:09
6. 50-21 (Thad Jones) 6:48