Release Info: Haircut 100 - Live in New York -1983
Haircut 100 were a New Wave band, formed in 1980 by Nick Heyward, whose most successful single was "Love Plus One". The group broke up in 1984, but then briefly reunited in 2004.
Haircut 100 appeared just as New Wave was peaking. They were quickly successful: their first single, 1981's "Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)" reached number four in the UK Singles Chart. Their next single, "Love Plus One", reached number three and broke the Top 40 in the United States. The following two singles "Fantastic Day" and "Nobody's Fool" each reached number nine in the UK.
Haircut 100 seemed poised for stardom, then Heyward left the band in January 1983 to pursue a solo career. Percussionist Marc Fox took Heyward's place as vocalist. In 1984, the band released the album Paint and Paint, but broke up soon after.
In 2004 all of the band's ex-members reunited for an episode of VH1's series Bands Reunited.
1. Love Plus One (Live, NY 1983)
2. Milk Film (Live, NY 1983)
3. Snow Girl (Live, NY 1983)
4. Baked Bean (Live - NY 1983)
5. Favourite Shirts (Live, NY 83)
6. Calling Captain Autumn (Live, NY 1983)
7. Love's Got Me in Triangles (Live, NY 1983)
8. Lemon Firebrigade (Live, NY 83)
9. Coming Home (Live, NY 1983)
10. Fantastic Day (Live, NY 1983)
11. I Believe in Sunday (Live, NY 1983)
12. Kingsize (Live, NY 1983)
13. Haley's Heart (Live, NY 1983)
This album(s) is currently available for download only with a Premium account.
To get a premium account, click