Ilana Katz Katz - I've Got Something To Tell You (2014) MP3/Flac
Artist: Ilana Katz Katz
Title Of Album: I've Got Something To Tell You
Year Of Release: 2014
Label: Katz 'n Fiddle
Genre: Electric/Acoustic Blues Folk
Quality: 320 kbps, 44.1 Khz
Total Time: 42:27
Total Size: 101 Mb
01. Marlyn's Blues (Feat. Ronnie Earl & Jesse Williams) (3:40)
02. She's Long She's Tall (She Weeps Like A Willow Tree) (Feat. Ronnie Earl & Jesse Williams) (3:31)
03. Cruel Willie Blues (Feat. Marylou Ferrante) (2:52)
04. Take A Little Walk With Me (Feat. Ronnie Earl, Jesse Williams & Diane Blue) (5:50)
05. Old Medeira Waltz (Feat. Dotty Moore & Jesse Williams) (2:49)
06. Shove The Pig's Foot A Little Further In The Fire (Feat. Dotty Moore) (3:03)
07. Pb Cracker Blues (Feat. Jesse Williams & Ronnie Earl) (2:52)
08. Conan's Farewell (Feat. Marylou Ferrante) (2:30)
09. Runnin' In Peace (Feat. Jesse Williams, Ronnie Earl & Diane Blue) (4:07)
10. Johnny, Don't Get Drunk (Feat. Marylou Ferrante) (2:18)
11. Ain't Nothin' In Ramblin' (Feat. Marylou Ferrante) (3:17)
12. Frisco Town (Feat. Marylou Ferrante) (3:27)
13. Piney Ridge (2:05)
Ive Got Something To Tell Youshowcases Ilana Katz Katzs unique improvisational blues fiddling alongside a collaborative, well-chosen group of accompanists. Ilana brings new life to the blues from an uncommonly heard source in the modern blues: the violin orthe fiddleas Ilana likes to call it. This is a must-have record for any blues lover, especially those Ronnie Earl fans who will hear those definitive Earl licks alongside the fiddle, in this unusually refreshing recording.
Ilanas passionate bluesy style fits perfectly alongside Ronnie Earls unmistakable masterful guitar playing on their instrumental numbers. It makes you wonder why you dont hear more violin with the blues. Those bended notes on the violin tear at your heart, making you want more. On the tracks that feature the soulful Diane Blue on vocals, alongside Jesse Williams on bass, youll be glad to hit the repeat button. Diane digs deep when singing the cover of Robert LockwoodsTake a Little Walk With Mealongside Ilanas bluesy fiddling and Earls stunning licks. But Diane isnt the only singer on this record as Ilanas heartfelt vocals on John Lee HookersWillow Treework well alongside Ronnie Earls foot-tapping low-end blues.
And thats only half of what youll hear on this record.
There are Memphis Minnie cover tunes sung by Marylou Ferrante whose skillful acoustic blues guitar, intertwined with Ilanas blues licks, will make you appreciate this old-timey blues duet style. Marylous voice, featured on two Memphis Minnie numbers, is both strong and beautiful. Ilana and Marylou also play two instrumentals. The first is a slow blues tune calledCruel Willie Bluesand the other is a more upbeat old-timey number that offers the old-timey fiddle/banjo combination again with Ilanas bluesy undertones on an Appalachian traditional calledJohnny, Dont Get Drunk.
But theres one more pairing that is at least as good as the rest and fits well with the mix. The lush twin fiddles of Ilana and the wonderful Dotty Moore is a beautiful treat. Theres theOld Medeira Waltzthat is filled with harmonies that sound like magic. Ilana even manages to sneak her blue notes tastefully into those tracks. And it works. Jesse Williams bass adds the perfect touch to round out this track. Dotty accompanies Ilana on yet another fiddle tune, much more driving, but no less harmonious.
The record ends with Ilana playing in an altered violin tuning that brings the instrument down low. Its a solo version of the traditionalPiney Ridge.Ilanas own ending to this song is a nice cap to the story that this record tells.
Buy Premium Account and download as fast as you can or you will lose file you need ( File death because of Copyright Infringement )
Download ( Ryushare )
Download ( Uploaded )
Download ( Secureupload)
Download ( Uploadable )
Click my nick to see more my articles