Slade - Slade At The BBC (1969-1991) (2012) [SATRip]
DVD5 | Video: PAL 720x576 (4:3) | Audio: MPEG1, Stereo | 2.5 GB (RAR 5% Rec.) | Time: 60 mins
Genre: Rock, Glam Rock | Label: BBC4
Slade At The BBC (1969-1991) collection of archive recordings from the British Glam/Rock band. This dvd is a release that Slade fans have long dreamt of - a fantastic document of the period during which they transformed themselves from a potent live attraction with a burgeoning song craft of their own into the UK's favourite hit-making machine.
Originally formed in 1966 as The N`Betweens, by 1968 the band had changed their name to AMBROSE SLADE and signed to Fontana Records. The following year the quartet (Dave Hill - guitar, vocals; Neville `Noddy` Holder - lead vocals, guitar; Jim Lea - bass, keyboards, violin, vocals; Don Powell - drums) hooked up with Chas Chandler, former bass player with The Animals and ex manager and producer of The Jimi Hendrix Experience. At Chandler`s suggestion, the group abbreviated their name and began honing their sound, style and image.
In 1971, after a brief spell as a "skinhead" band, Slade began to hit their stride, scoring their first UK top twenty hit with `Get Down And Get With It`, and ending the year on a high note with `Coz I Luv You`, their first number one.
1972 was a fabulous year for the group, with the release of the `Slade Alive` and `Slayed` albums bookending the year, four top five singles sandwiched between them (`Take Me Bak `Ome` and `Mama Weer All Crazee Now` both reached number one).
Slade had still not peaked, and 1973 bore witness to the band entering the singles chart at number one on three separate occasions, `Cum On Feel The Noize`, `Skweeze Me Pleeze Me` and `Merry Xmas Everybody` all ascending to the pinnacle. The band`s first compilation album `Sladest` was also issued to huge commercial success, and a sellout tour culminated in a triumphant performance at London`s Earls Court in front of 17,000 delirious fans.
2. Martha My Dear [Monster Music Mash 1969]
3. Wild Winds Are Blowing [Monster Music Mash 1969]
4. Coz I Luv You [TOTP 1971]
5. Mama Weer All Crazee Now [TOTP 1972]
6. Gudbuy T' Jane [TOTP 1972]
7. Cum On Feel The Noize [TOTP 1973]
8. My Friend Stan [TOTP 1973]
9. Everyday [TOTP 1974]
10. How Does It Feel [Crackerjack 1975]
11. Gypsy Roadhog [Blue Peter 1977]
12. My Baby Left Me But That's Alright Mama [TOTP 1977]
13. Give Us A Goal [Cheggers Plays Pop 1978]
14. We'll Bring The House Down [TOTP 1981]
15. My Oh My [Harty 1983]
16. Run Runaway [The Rod and Emu Show 1984]
17. All Join Hands [TOTP 1984]
18. Do You Believe In Miracles [Juice 1985]
19. Radio Wall Of Sound [TOTP 1991]
20. Merry Xmas Everybody [TOTP 1973]
Produced by Dawn Payne