1) The Wellingtons - In Transit highlights: Adamant, Baby's Got A Secret Every song a gem.
2) Fountains of Wayne - Sky Full of Holes highlights: Richie & Rubin, Action Hero Will make you laugh and cry, even if you're not from Jersey.
3) The Records - Rotate highlights: That Girl is Emily, Masquarade 3 bonus cuts plus improved mastering make this reissue one of the best CDs of the year.
4) Meyerman - Who Do You Think You Are Highlights: xray spex, living leash Will make you laugh and play air guitar, even if you're not from Jersey.
5) The Red Button - As Far As Yesterday Goes highlights: Picture, Sandreen More diverse than She's About to Cross My Mind, and even better.
6) The Breakdowns - The Kids Don't Wanna Bop Anymore highlights: Hey Veronica, The Kids Don't Wanna Bop Anymore Inconsistent but moments of greatness. Several cuts could be considered best of the year.
7) The Bangles - Sweetheart of the Sun highlights: AnnaLee, Ball & Chain Annalee is an exceptional song and, if this were New Jersey, it would be another hit.
8) Tommy Flake - Second Skin highlights: Collapse, Miles From Over Great songs from this former Beatific (and great cover art from yours truly). Wishes he was from Jersey.
9) Jamie & Steve - The Next Big Thing highlights: All of it, but especially Can We Start Again, Girl and Half a Mind Only a 6 song EP, but every track a gem. If this were a full length it might be the best record of the year.
10) Smithereens - 2011 highlights: Sorry, Turn It Around Produced by the legendary Don Dixon (Arrogance, REM, Chris Stamey) DiNizio & co. prove they are the best band ever from...where else. Jersey.
Richard Rossi was born in Jersey to an old circus family, and began performing at the age of 6. While still in his teens he answered an ad for "blowing stuff up", hence his interest in the Smithereens. Now employed by an SEO company, he advocates non-violence in everything else he does (when not blowing stuff up). Rich is known to go on long fasts, partially as a means of self-purification and social protest. But mostly because he needs to lose a few pounds before speedo season.