PALAST ORCHESTER MIT MAX RAABE вЂ“ (2002) SUPER HITS NUMMER 2 MP3/Flac
PALAST ORCHESTER MIT MAX RAABE вЂ“ (2002) SUPER HITS NUMMER 2
Artist: Max Raabe und das Palast Orchester
Label: Rca Local (Sony Music)
Date of Realise: Audio CD 2002
Format: APE (image + .cue)
Total Time: 59.50
Size: 284 MB
01. You're My Mate (3:26)
02. Angel (3:44)
03. Dance With Me (Hernando's Hideaway) (3:18)
04. Upside Down (3:31)
05. Lady Marmalade (3:36)
06. Follow Me (3:33)
07. Uptown Girl (3:35)
08. Miss California (3:05)
09. Let's Talk About Sex (4:26)
10. Tainted Love (3:16)
11. There Must Be An Angel (4:01)
12. Another Day In Paradise (3:43)
Max Raabe (December 12, 1962 in LГјnen, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a German singer and band leader of the Palast Orchester. He and his orchestra specialize in recreating the sound of German dance and film music of the 1920s and 1930s, especially by performing songs of the Comedian Harmonists.
He founded the Palast Orchester in 1986. His career and that of the Palast Orchester advanced with a Schlager hit entitled "Kein Schwein ruft mich an" ("Why does no one call" aka "No pig calls me", 1992), a pop song in 1920s' style, and the film Der bewegte Mann (English title: "Maybe, Maybe Not") in 1994.
He studied at the Berlin University of the Arts from 1988 to 1995 as a baritone opera singer.
He writes original music, including film music, and also creates covers of well known modern pop songs in a 1920вЂ“30s band style, including such songs as Britney Spears' "Oops!... I Did It Again", and Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb".
Raabe has also made a number of cameo appearances, mostly as stereotypical 1920s and 1930s singers and entertainers, in a number of films by German directors; instances include Werner Herzog's Invincible (2001), and Wenzel Storch's Die Reise ins GlГјck (2004).
1994 Raabe portrayed Dr. Siedler in the Berlin 'Bar jeder Vernunft' version of The White Horse Inn, a production which has since achieved cult status.
1999 saw Raabe play the role of "Mack the Knife" in Kurt Weill and Bertholt Brecht's The Threepenny Opera alongside Nina Hagen.
In 2005 he had his first concert in New York City's Carnegie Hall. He again performed at Carnegie Hall with the Palast Orchester on November 2, 2007, as part of a "Berlin in Lights" festival. On March 4, 2010, he again returned to Carnegie Hall with the band, as one stop on a U.S. tour.
He performed at the wedding of Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese at Gottfried Helnwein's Irish castle on December 3, 2005.
In October, 2008, and February and March 2010, Raabe and the Palast Orchester performed a series of shows in the U.S.
* Die MГ¤nner sind schon die Liebe wert (1988)
* Kleines FrГ¤ulein, einen Augenblick (1989)
* Ich hГ¶rвЂ™ so gern Musik (1991)
* Kein Schwein ruft mich an (1992)
* Mein kleiner grГјner Kaktus (1992)
* Wintergarten-Edition Live (1996)
* Dort tanzt Lu-Lu! (1996)
* Ich hГ¶rвЂ™ so gern Musik (1996)
* Bel Ami (1996)
* Music, Maestro, Please (1996)
* 10 Jahre Palast Orchester mit seinem SГ¤nger Max Raabe (1997)
* Krokodile und andere Hausfreunde (2000)
* Superhits (2001)
* Superhits Nummer 2 (2001)
* Heute Nacht Oder Nie ("Tonight or Never", 2008) вЂ“ A 2CD set of the live performance of Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester at Carnegie Hall, November 2007, released on September 23, 2008.
* Гњbers Meer (15.01.2010) (GER: #15) 
* KГјssen kann man nicht alleine (2011) (with Annette Humpe) (GER: #8)