Full Force rose to prominence in the mid-'80s, writing and producing popular R&B hits for Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam before embarking on a moderately successful solo career that ultimately led them back to production work in the late '90s. The six-man collective -- featuring Paul Anthony, Bowlegged Lou, B-Fine, Baby Gerry, Shy Shy, and Curt-t-t -- originated in Brooklyn, NY, where they originally met up with Steve Salem in the late '70s, a business-savvy individual who functioned as their manager. With a manager in place and plenty of talent between the various group members, Full Force struggled throughout the early '80s to find a label willing to sign them. Eventually they got a break when they wrote and produced fellow Brooklyn group U.T.F.O.'s "Roxanne Roxanne," a rap song that would attain a certain level of fame thanks to a series of answer records. In early 1985, the single peaked at number ten on Billboard's R&B charts, proving a substantial hit for both the rap group and the production team. From there, Full Force moved onto their next major success with Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, a dance-pop group led by a 16-year-old singer named Lisa Velez. Originally Velez had auditioned for the production team, who then went ahead and recorded "I Wonder if I Take You Home" with her, releasing the single under the moniker Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam With Full Force on an indie New York label, Personal. The song scored success initially overseas before eventually being released by Columbia in the U.S. after getting immense play in New York clubs as an import single. Almost overnight, the song topped Billboard's dance chart and went on to peak at number six on the R&B chart by summer 1985. Thanks to the momentum surrounding the hit single, Full Force signed a deal with Columbia to release solo material. Though they scored some minor R&B hits on their own ("Temporary Love Thing," "Unfaithful So Much," "All in My Mind"), their biggest success continued to be as a production team for Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam ("All Cried Out," "Head to Toe," "Lost in Emotion"). In 1988, Full Force produced James Brown's I'm Real, scoring a substantial hit for the struggling legend with the album's title track, and worked with a number of late-'80s dance-pop stars: Jasmine Guy, Cheryl Pepsii Riley, and Samantha Fox, among others. Throughout the early and mid-'90s, the production team remained relatively quiet before again churning out a number of late-'90s R&B-flavored pop hits with Selena, Backstreet Boys, and LFO, among others. Allmusic by Jason Birchmeier.
01. Alice, I Want You Just For Me! 02. Unselfish Lover 03. Please Stay 04. United 05. Girl If You Take Home 06. The Dream Believer 07. Half A Chance 08. The Man Upstairs 09. Let's Dance Against The Wall
01. Temporary Love Thing 02. Unfaithful 03. Never Had A Lover 04. Old Flames Never Die 05. Child's Play (Part 1) 06. So Much 07. Chain Me To The Night 08. Body Heavenly 09. Love Scene 10. Child's Play (Part 2)
01. Take Care of Homework 02. Love Is For Suckers Like Me and You 03. All in My Mind 04. 3 O'Clock... School's Out! 05. Child's Play (Part 3) 06. Full Force Git Money 07. Your Love Is So Def 08. Katty Women 09. Low Blow Brenda 10. Black Radio
01. Don't Waste My Time 02. Ain't My Type Of Hype 03. Friends B-4 Lovers 04. All I Wanna Do... 05. 4-U 06. In Like With You 07. It's Been A Long Time 08. Kiss Those Lips 09. Smoove 10. Make Love To My Mind 11. That's How I'm Livin' 12. The Man Upstairs
01. Intro-Lude (Hudlin' Brothers No Snooze Intro) 02. Don't Sleep 03. Nice 'n' Sleazy 04. Quickie 05. If It's Cool Witcha Baby 06. Interlude (Quiet Storm) 07. Your Place Or Mine 08. Physical Commitment 09. Wait Till I Get Home 10. Interlude (2 Points) 11. Go Wit The Flo 12 .Interlude (The Byrd Factor) 13. After All This Time (Ain't It Great To Be Black) 14. Girl 15. Sharon 16. Makin Love On The Dance Floor 17. My Love Is Free 18. Interlude (900-Force Line) 19. God Will Fix It
01. We Love The Girls 02. Can I Get Your Number 03. Sugar On Top 04. Meet Me Half Way 05. House Calls 06. True School 07. Phonesex & Hot Water 08. I Appreciate You 09. Back Together Again 10. Ladies First
01. The Spittin' Fire (Interlude) 02. Float On 03. I Just Wanna Be With You 04. Float On (Part 2) 05. No Other Love Will Do 06. Kiss It Where It Hurts 07. The Good, The Bad, The Thugly 08. Born To Love Only You 09. Reminisce (Interlude) 10. Alice, I Want You Just For Me 11. Temporary Love Thing 12. Ain't My Type Of Hype 13. Unselfish Lover 14. They Don't Know About Full Force (Interlude) 15. Roxanne, Roxanne 16. I Wonder If I Take You Home
01. Alice I Want You Just For Me (Extended Version) 02. Let's Dance Against The Wall 03. Ain't My Type Of Hype (1990 House Party Off The Hook Mix) 04. Friends B-4 Lovers 05. Temporary Love Thing 06. All Cried Out (with Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam) 07. Unselfish Lover (Extended Mix) 08. Unfaithful 09. 4U - Full Force's Mellow Medley 10. All In My Mind 11. Love Scene 12. Kiss Those Lips 13. Your Love Is So Def (Full Force Ahead Of Their Time Remix) 14. Please Stay 15. The Man Upstairs
01. Ain't My Type of Hype (House Party Mix) 02. Alice, I Want You Just for Me! 03. Temporary Love Thing 04. YOU! (feat. Diamondz in the Dirt & Svn-up 05. Static - James Brown & Full Force 06. 4-U (Full Force's Mellow Medley) 07. Everyday Is Mother's Day 08. We're Feeling You Oprah (feat. Big Shawn) 09. All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force 10. Friend B-4 Lovers 11. Unselfish Lover 12. Thanks for My Child (The Confrontation Mix) - Cheryl PepsiiRiley with Full Force 13. Water from Stone 14. I Asked for a Miracle (God Gave Me You) - Philip Bailey & Full Force
You would like to permanently remove ads and unlock benefits?
We display ads sparingly on website to help cover
costs without interfering with the browsing experience.
Tired of advertising and pop-ups? Join Now on OdiMusic.
Register on OdiMusic allows you to access to the minimum resources,
minimum advertising (no pop-ups),
if you choose to subscribe for one of our plans after registration
you can acces more than 1.000.000 Albums, Maxi, Cds, Vinyls releases inside!
(80% on demand) (requests, informations, images, tracklists,
reviews, ask for supports & much more!!!)