Jeffrey Osborne began his professional singing career in 1969 with a popular funk and soul group called Love Men Ltd. The band moved to Los Angeles in 1970 and changed its name to L.T.D. Osborne was originally brought on as the drummer and eventually became the lead vocalist. After more than ten years with the band, he decided to pursue a solo career, which produced such Top 40 hits as "Don't You Get So Mad," "Stay With Me Tonight," and "Love Power," which he performed with Dionne Warwick.
Born in Providence, RI, Jeffrey Osborne was the youngest of 12 children and was constantly bombarded with music as he was growing up. He had five brothers and six sisters, some of whom went on to have music careers. His father, Clarence "Legs" Osborne, was a popular trumpeter who played with Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, and Duke Ellington, and died when Jeffrey was only 13. His mother, Wanita, is ancestored by a Pequot Indian sachem. His oldest brother, Clay Osborne, is a singer and pianist, and Billy, another brother, is a songwriter and producer in Los Angeles. But Osborne's father had the greatest influence on his musical career; Clarence "Legs" Osborne turned down many top band offers during his career to be with his family. It was only after receiving his mother's encouragement that Jeffrey left for Los Angeles to play with L.T.D. At the age of 15, he sat in with the O'Jays when the drummer was too tired to play, and went on to play with them for two weeks. It was at a Providence nightclub that fate brought him together with the band Love Men Ltd. in 1969.
Osborne's solo career has brought him five gold and platinum albums, including Stay With Me Tonight and Only Human. He also recorded an album of duets with popular singer James Ingram, and scored an international hit with "On the Wings of Love" in 1982. Osborne's touring and recording continue to keep him busy much of the time, but he also devotes some of his time to charity work. by Kim Summers (Allmusic)
01. New Love 02. Eenie Meenie 03. I Really Don't Need No Light 04. On The Wings Of Love 05. Ready For Your Love 06. Who You Talkin' To 07. You Were Made To Love 08. Ain't Nothin' Missin' 09. Baby 10. Congratulations
01. Don't You Get So Mad 02. We're Going All The Way 03. Stay With Me Tonight 04. Greatest Love Affair 05. Plane Love 06. Other Side Of The Coin 07. I'll Make Believe 08. When Are You Comin' Back 09. Forever Mine 10. Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
01. We Belong To Love 02. You Should Be Mine (Woo Woo Song) 03. Soweto 04. In Your Eyes 05. Room With A View 06. Who Would Have Guessed 07. Emotional 08. A Second Chance 09. Love's Not Ready 10. Come Midnight
01. One Love - One Dream 02. All Because Of You 03. She's On The Left 04. Can't Go Back On A Promise 05. True Believers 06. La Cuenta, Por Favor 07. The Family 08. My Heart Can't Wait 09. (You Can't Get) Love From A Stone 10. Cindy
01. If My Brother's In Trouble 02. Only Human 03. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait 04. The Morning After I Made Love To You 05. Lay Your Head 06. Baby Wait A Minute 07. Sending You A Love Song 08. Feel Like Making Love 09. Back In Your Arms 10. Nitetime 11. Getting Better All The Time
01. Love Ballad 02. Holding On (When The Love Is Gone) 03. We Both Deserve Each Other's Love 04. On The Wings Of Love 05. Don't You Get So Mad 06. I Really Don't Need No Light 07. Stay With Me Tonight 08. She's On The Left 09. Plane Love (12_ Mix) 10. You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song) 11. We're Going All The Way 12. The Last Time I Made Love 13. Don't Stop 14. The Borderlines 15. Love Power 16. Only Human 17. (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again (12_ Mix)
01. 2nd Time Around 02. Kreepin' 03. That's For Sure 04. I'll Do It All For Love 05. Can't Find An Easy Way 06. Soft And Slow 07. Work That Body 08. Call My Name 09. Come With Me 10. All My Money 11. Was It Something I Said 12. Love Ballad [Live]
01. Eenie Meenie 02.. I'll Make Believe 03. Greatest Love Affair 04. We're Going All the Way 05. Concentrate on You 06. In Your Eyes 07. That's for Sure 08. We Both Deserve Each Other's Love 09. True Believers 10. Getting Better All the Time 11. On the Wings of Love 12. You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song) 13. Crazy 'Bout 'Cha 14. Only Human 15. My Heart Can Wait Forever 16. Share My Love 17. Let Me Know 18. Love Ballad
01. Music Is Life 02. Rest of Our Lives 03. Paradise 04. Say You've Had Enough 05. When You Loved Me 06. Caller Id 07. Stranger 08. Her Kisses 09. Pretty Thing 10. I Don't Know 11. One Love 12. Love the Pain Away 13. Ain't No More
01. Close The Door 02. Till You Come Back To Me 03. Yes I'm Ready 04. For What It's Worth 05. People Get Ready 06. First Time Ever I Saw Your Face 07. Knocks Me Off My Feet 08. Every Little Bit Hurts 09. All At Once