Deep Purple: Around The World Live - Live At The NEC - DVD3 (2008)
DVD VOB 720x480 29.97 16:9 9800kbps | AC3 224kbps 48KHz | 7.75 GB
Genre: Music Video, Hard rock
Around The World Live is British hard rock band Deep Purple's four DVD box-set. It was released on May 19, 2008. The box-set includes four live performances of Deep Purple World Tour (1996–2008), two full time documentary films about the band and rare footage, including interviews, after-show parties and the band on the road, during the tour. Extensive liner notes were supplied by the author Joel McIver. Live performances are from Purpendicular and Abandon tours.
Two DVDs from this box-set have already been released: Bombay Calling and Total Abandon: Australia '99.
The NEC 2002 show contains exclusive live-material, when Deep Purple former organist and keyboardist Jon Lord joined the band on stage, for several songs, playing with current keyboardist Don Airey
Access All Areas DVD is the definitive documentary of Deep Purple from 1968 to 2007, emphasising the Steve Morse era.DVD4 in the upcoming box set, listed below as "Documentary film about the Steve Morse era" is a 90 minute edit of a fly-on-the-wall 'Access All Areas', which has been in production for some years.
Following the Total Abandon tour of Australia in 1999, it was decided to document life on the road with the band. Collated primarily over a four year period and starting in Japan 2000, Ian Gillan, Ian Paice and Drew Thompson collected vision from the tours.
According to Drew: "it's an amazing insight into life on the road, and takes a look at elements of touring never really seen. It was never meant to showcase the performances from this period, but shows life on the road as it really happens; the fun, the humour, the politics and the camaraderie. The transition period of Jon Lord leaving the band and Don Airey reinvigorating proceedings has been captured at close hand, beautifully complimenting the live NEC performance. This is a must see for any fan of the band."
The full "Access All Area" documentary runs to beyond 3 hours, and has been edited down for the new DVD package. Drew expects that later in 2008 a full length version will be released. If it is, that may leave the NEC 2002 show as the only disc exclusive to 'Around The World'. The new documentary leans heavily on material which first appeared on the Gillancam feature on Ian Gillan's 2007 effort Highway Star.
DVD3 – Live At The NEC, England 2002
1. "Fireball" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
2. "Woman from Tokyo" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
3. "Mary Long" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
4. "Vavoom: Ted the Mechanic" (Gillan, Glover, Lord, Morse, Paice)
5. "Lazy" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
6. "The Well Dressed Guitar" (Morse)
7. "When a Blind Man Cries" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
8. "Space Truckin'" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
9. "Keyboard Solo" (Airey, Bach, Williams...)
10. "Perfect Strangers" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover)
11. "Speed King" (with Bass and Drum Solo and a Rock'n'roll medley) (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
12. "Guitar Solo" (Morse)
13. "Smoke On The Water" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
14. "Hush" (South)
15. "Black Night" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
16. "Highway Star" (Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, Paice)
(Ads... Please contact to us)
The album code is : ODI168325