The Eagles are an American rock band formed in Los Angeles, California in 1971 by Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner.
With five number one singles, six Grammys, five American Music Awards, and six number one albums, the Eagles were one of the most successful musical acts of the 1970s. At the end of the 20th century, two of their albums, Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) and Hotel California, ranked among the 20 best-selling albums in the U.S. according to the Recording Industry Association of America. Hotel California is ranked 37th in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, and the band was ranked #75 on the magazine's 2004 list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
They have the best-selling album in the U.S. with Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975), which sold approximately 42 million copies worldwide. They have sold over 120 million albums worldwide, and 100 million in the U.S. alone. They are the fifth-highest-selling music act and highest-selling American band in U.S. history. No other American band sold more records than the Eagles during the 1970s.
The Eagles released their self-titled debut album in 1972 which spawned three Top 40 singles, "Take It Easy", "Witchy Woman", and "Peaceful Easy Feeling". They followed up the success of their debut album with Desperado in 1973. The album was less successful than the first, reaching only #41 on the charts and neither of its two singles reached the Top 40. However, the album contained two of the band's most popular and beloved tracks, "Desperado" and "Tequila Sunrise". They released On the Border in 1974 and added guitarist Don Felder midway through the recording of the album. The album released two Top 40 singles, "Already Gone" and their first chart topper, "Best of My Love".
It was not until 1975's One of These Nights, though, that the Eagles became America's biggest band. The album released three Top 10 singles, "One of These Nights", "Lyin' Eyes", and "Take It to the Limit". They continued with that success in late 1976 with the release of Hotel California, which would go on to sell over 16 million copies in the U.S. alone. The album yielded three Top 20 singles, "New Kid in Town", "Hotel California", and "Life in the Fast Lane". They released their last studio album for nearly 28 years in 1979 with The Long Run. The album showed that the Eagles were still at the top of their popularity at the time of their breakup. The album spawned three Top 10 singles, "Heartache Tonight", "The Long Run", and "I Can't Tell You Why".
The Eagles broke up in July 1980, but reunited in 1994 for Hell Freezes Over, a mix of live and new studio tracks. They have toured intermittently since then and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. In 2007, the Eagles released Long Road Out of Eden, their first full studio album in 28 years. The album would top the album charts, release five singles on the Adult Contemporary Charts and win the band two Grammys. The next year they launched Long Road Out of Eden Tour in support of the album. The band members have discussed the possibility of making another album.
Eagles,The - Eagles MTV Second Night
The Eagles MTV Unplugged Second / Alternate Night
Venue: Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA
Tracklisting cd 1
1. (00:05:07) The Eagles - Peaceful Easy Feeling
2. (00:05:37) The Eagles - Best Of My Love
3. (00:03:44) The Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
4. (00:04:46) The Eagles - Help Me Through The Night
5. (00:06:36) The Eagles - The Heart Of The Matter
6. (00:05:41) The Eagles - Love Will Keep Us Alive
7. (00:05:00) The Eagles - Learn To Be Still
8. (00:07:25) The Eagles - Hotel California
9. (00:02:07) The Eagles - String Soundcheck
10. (00:05:23) The Eagles - Wasted Time
11. (00:01:29) The Eagles - Wasted Time Reprise
12. (00:04:32) The Eagles - Lovers Moon
13. (00:04:38) The Eagles - Pretty Maids All In A Row
Tracklisting cd 2
1. (00:07:24) The Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
2. (00:05:36) The Eagles - The Girl From Yesterday
3. (00:08:14) The Eagles - New York Minute
4. (00:07:17) The Eagles - The Last Resort
5. (00:01:35) The Eagles - Band Intros
6. (00:05:08) The Eagles - Take It Easy
7. (00:04:46) The Eagles - One Of These Nights
8. (00:05:06) The Eagles - In The City
9. (00:04:58) The Eagles - Heartache Tonight
10. (00:08:30) The Eagles - Life In The Fast Lane
11. (00:06:12) The Eagles - Get Over It
12. (00:05:20) The Eagles - Desperado
The album is currently available for download only with a Premium account.
To get a premium account, click